Sunday, September 24, 2023

Building a Border


 For a very, very long time, I thought I should make the border of the seahorse quilt out of seahorse tails. Then I had the idea to make the border out of seahorse ears (or whatever those things are sticking out of the top of the head).  I also remembered the Sun Chips quilt that had chips that bounced around thanks to borders on two sides. So disembodied seahorse "ears" have the look of bubbles. Success!

So all I had to do was make a hundred or so more seahorses and cut off their "ears" and now I may have enough to border the quilt.


And here is Molly after a very satisfying day (for her) fraying every last one of my nerves.

5 comments:

gayle said...

Oooo! Love the bubbles!
Molly certainly does look a bit self-satisfied. I wouldn't turn my back. (Psst... don't tell her I said that)

Raewyn said...

I love your bubble border - what a great idea! I do feel for all those seahorses swimming around without their ears, though :-)

Mary said...

Nice job, Miss Sally, or should I say, Molly Servant.

loulee said...

Oh the seahorses are too cute, I need to make some of those! LOL

Julia Graves said...

The bubbles are great!