Thursday, February 7, 2019

Chaos and Confusion

I'm only referring to my own small world. And I don't usually consider myself to be the center of the universe, but our local weather forecast is so variable, it is certainly playing with me. As you can see, I have not finished sewing my Spargo circles. Yet, sometimes I look at the forecast and it calls for two days of 4 inches of snow each day...plenty to close down any Portland activities like a Quilt Guild Workshop. And with a forecast of a potential 8 inches, I did go out today and buy a snow shovel.

Other times I look at the forecast and it says something like a 60 percent chance of an accumulation of 0.4 inches (as if that's even a thing).  So yes, you can see this coming...if I finish the circles we will get snowed in, and if I don't we will have sunshine for days but I will be a slacker. Hmmm...may be worth it.

And then I came home to this...sitting by the side of the driveway. Instead of running away as I drove up, it just glared at me. It continued to glare at me as I took its photo. It even sat there when I got out and told it what I thought of its fashion choices. (I do not approve). It only ran away when I asked it if it wanted to hear Molly's opinion of its fashion choices.

Later today when I came home from a different errand, as I entered the front door, Molly stuck her head out. She usually keeps a respectful distance from the front door, but today I apparently is a "no respect" day. Although I am glad she didn't decide to dart out.

To cheer you up, Buddy suggested I show you his sawdust pile. This is where he hunts for laser mice. I dumped out my bin of 1.25 inch strip bits for his play area because I had taken all the blocks up off the design floor.

And I forgot to show the results of our first snow of the year.

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Evil looking cat and I don't blame Molly one bit. We were suppose to have snow again, but it poured instead - instant headache, literally! Tonight is freezing which means a solid ice skating rink every where.

Barbara said...

Oh yes...welcome to snowpocalypse Oregon style. Good grief. I’m just hoping the newest deluge holds off until Matthew gets airborne for Guatemala early Saturday morning.

QuiltGranma said...

Here in NE Central Oregon we got 3" of snow, but in Kennewick, WA it was BLIZZARD! Fortunately hubby got home safe! We are supposed to get 4+ inches tonight through next week. Bring on the wool blankets! My choice of batting from now is wool!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Now that you have a shovel, you should be safe for a while - at least that is how it works in my world. If I am prepared, I don't need it.