Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Tiny Tuesday Lemon Peel

So here is my version of the Tiny Tuesday Orange Peel. You'll find the tutorial at SoScrappy, home of the Tiny Tuesday and Rainbow Scrappy Challenge.

Okay, I made four peels instead of one because we couldn't decide which way we wanted it to slant. Buddy and I thought the peel should lean to the left, while Molly and Bertrand voted for a right slant. Hey wait...who's Bertrand?????

Later in the day I was catching up with the latest works by David Hockney. The last time I was paying attention, he was painting en plein air back in England. Apparently a decade had past and he's back in LA with a massive amount of new work. I love that he is trying to capture the sense of being out in a landscape. So while I was looking at pictures in a book, I looked up and saw that my own personal view was trying to get my attention.

It caught my attention and then decided to go a bit overboard.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Yours is the second picture I’ve seen of yesterday’s sunset. We missed it, although I did notice a pink cast on the mountains. We were looking to the north. I like your lemon peels. Mine leans to the left.

Raewyn said...

Cute little bitty block and gorgeous sunset!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Magnificent sunset!! Good to read that you like David Hockney, our son bought us a video some time ago when Hockney was back in Yorkshire painting the countryside throughout the year - his trees were magnificent.
Cute Tiny Tuesday applique.

Cathy said...

Wow, that is some sunset!! So, are you going to tell us who Bertrand is? When my son Shane was little, he used to have a stuffed bunny he called Bertram (and my other son, Ryan, called his bunny Baxter. I knew you’d want to know this).

Julia G said...

beautiful view. and I like the symmetry of 4 petals.