Friday, February 1, 2019

Out of the House

I went out into the real world today to go to the Willamette Valley Quilt Show. This is one of the quilts I liked. It's called Antelope Canyon and was made By Janna Curtis. The judges liked it to and gave it a ribbon.

I liked this one too primarily because of the color choice. It is called Rebel Quilt and was made by Cheryl Farris.

I am hoping to get back to the sewing machine on Monday...but first I have to earn Molly's approval. I was gone long enough today that she broke up with her heated bed and is spending all of her time giving me long copious instructions. Yes, she is a very talkative cat.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

I thought about heading down for that quilt show, but decided against it. There’s an exhibit of modern quilts going on at PSU through the end of the month. Might head out to see that if we can get a good day of weather for it.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That was a great trip out of the house!! Cool Quilts!!

Cathy said...

Darla says Molly needs to get herself a good hobby so she doesn’t have to depend on her human for company or entertainment 24/7. About those quilts - I can certainly appreciate the complexity and work that went into designing and constructing them. But the colors feel dissonant to me. I know that appeals to a lot of quilters; I’m just not one of them.

Julia G said...

LOVE that Antelope Canyon quilt. So graphic but the piecing doesn't look to be too complex. And if she carried it out to include more blocks,she would have circles as well.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I was at the show too. The Antelope Canyon quilt was one of my favorites too.