Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Tiny Yellow Nine Patch

Today we are making Tiny Tuesday Nine Patches at SoScrappy's Tiny Tuesday Block event. She says it is supposed to finish at 2 inches...oh wait...she says to start with two inch squares. How can that qualify as Tiny? Or a scrap.

Let's try this block instead...

As you may know, I have not sewn in a while and when I finally got a chance to sit down at the sewing machine I was greeted by a wadded mess of thread. Using a "senior" sewing machine definitely has its disadvantages.

And yes, Buddy tried to explain to me that Molly chewed up the thread not the machine.  I wouldn't listen to him and told him that saying bad things about others behind their back is gossip and not tolerated in this family. He protested so I then had to explain that when Molly and I say bad things about him, those are called "probation hearings."

6 comments:

Angie said...

Hahaha! I was just thinking about tiny 9-patches and how they could begin to "suggest" a Burgoyne Surrounded block.

Cathy said...

Poor Buddy! I think Molly is framing him. And you may have a senior machine (and there’s so much good in that!), but you must have youthful eyes to sew those beautiful nano-nines!

Annette Mandel said...

Cute little double 9-patch.

Linda in Calif. said...

Such pretty fabrics, making a lovely block. And I don't know how one could make this as a two inch block! Yikes that's so tiny!

Amy said...

That sneak peek of your machine could be of my Bernina 1230. Hmmm, how would I feel if she were nibblefest for a cat? Good thing we don't have one. It's good to live vicatiously through you.

QuiltGranma said...

Probation hearing? LOL!!!!!!!!!! Darling little 9-patches!