Saturday, February 16, 2019

One Gold Fish

Here I am celebrating the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge with a gold fish, or maybe a yellow fish. So far this February we don't have any daffodils in bloom here, so if you want to see more yellow, please swim over to the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge homebase.

And here's a handful of micro spools. I cleaned out my sewing machine and found lots of thread bits which I realized is a side "benefit" of these micro spools.  I decided to clean the machine out as I was removing the tangles from Molly so carefully conditioning my thread with her thread magic.

As for yesterday, I only completed a couple of tasks and failed some entirely. First, I never got around to quilting the bunnies, but I did pick out the binding (a purple polkadot) and I did make the back for the chicken quilt (which measures 72 in by 96 in). My other tasks were to neglect Molly and Buddy but their wills are stronger than mine. That meant several play sessions and a few full body massages (for them, not me). And this will also seem weird...on a day that they were supposed to be neglected, they still expected to be fed. Incorrigible.

10 comments:

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I just love your micro-spools. And the fabrics you chose for your fish are terrific, including the "water" background.

Jo said...

Your goldfish is so cool.

Jo said...

Cute fish. Is it paper pieced?

Emily said...

What a great fish!!!!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your gold fish is so cute. I love that it has a bow tie in the other quilt!

Cathy said...

I had whole pieces of cloth to clean out of my machine when I tried some micro spools after someone tempted me to try them.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful batik fish in YELLOW for February's Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!

Cathy said...

Alfie and Darla won’t leave us alone since we returned home from vacation. Darla has even begun helping me fold the laundry, laying on and inserting cat hair where necessary. With cats, neglect is not an option.

Susie H said...

Your fish is beautiful! Wondering if you'll be doing the RSC in colorful fish .....

Barbara said...

Love your goldfish! Is there a pattern for this somewhere? bfiresheets@bellsouth.net