Friday, February 15, 2019

Ducks in a Row

I don't typically set goals or plan my quilting activities. I'm usually quite happy to engage and disengage with various quilts and rarely finish them. However, with a quilt show approaching, I have to abide with rules that require a finished quilt with binding and a sleeve. No one is putting on shows that feature unfinished quilts or bins of block bits...yet.

So today I'm going to list out what I hope to accomplish today so we can all laugh about how ridiculous I was...

First, I have been quilting the bounding bunny quilt and have quilted their bunny hops. Today I want to finish the first set of hops, although eventually there will be three lines of hops per bunny row.

I also want to look through my stash and pick out a suitable bunny binding. I may be able to put the binding on early because I don't think there will be any quilting that goes over the edge.

As for the speedy chickens quilt, I have already stitched the top to the batting. Now I need to relayer the quilt using this green chicken binding. I am hoping that having clueless meandering chickens on the back will make the chickens on the front look much faster. My simple task for today is just to make the backing.

After spending "two days away," Molly and Buddy spent all of their time sitting on me. So today my goal is to go back to fully neglecting Molly.

And for those of you who follow Barbara's bread baking over at Cat Patches, you will recognize that Buddy has been left to prove too long and should have been put in the oven at least two hours ago.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh it’s sad when a cat has proofed too long. Often, they deflate in the oven. I think we should get together and start our own quilt show for unfinished quilts and baskets of free-floating quilt blocks. Buddy has some design ideas already.

Sumac said...

those are funny looking ducks, they look more like bunnies to me

gayle said...

Count me in for that unfinished-quilts show! I've got quite a pile that I could enter! (I was going to say 'stack', but that sounds way too orderly for what I have...)
I'm sure Molly and Buddy were ecstatic to see you, after you'd been gone for at least a year or maybe even two. And there they were for all that time, with no one to entertain them but each other. And the fabric, of course.

QuiltGranma said...

So how did Buddy come out when he came out of the oven? Deflated or denatured? Defanged, desirable, delicious? OOOOhhhhh, and I have some quilts that could go in your show too! Count me IN!