Saturday, February 23, 2019

Free Modern

I recently joined our local modern quilt guild despite their not being a single thing modern about me except that I was born in the 50s so I am quintessentially mid-century modern. I guess. And yes, there was a free table.

I am mostly trying to get a wide variety of fabrics for my micro spools, so I am quite happy with small bits. And as I cut the bits into tiny bits, I realized that I wouldn't like any of these fabrics if I saw them on the bolt. But as scraps, they are quite delightful.

Meanwhile, Molly was in hiding. Buddy the Bully Bulldozer was looking for her. He spent most of his day on his heated parking spot. He likes to lie on top of it, idle his motor and get tummy rubs. I keep telling him not to call me his parking spot even if he leaves me a quarter.


5 comments:

Vireya said...

I've never thought of myself as "mid-century modern" before, but I am too! Hello, fellow 50s baby.

Cathy said...

Yay for mid-century modern young (*cough*) ladies! And MCM parking spots!

QuiltGranma said...

Mid Century Modern, ME TOO! Just had my birthday a month ago too. Love Molly hiding from buddy. We took our cat (Have cat will travel!) with us on vacation, and when we were getting ready to leave the motel room she hid her head under the edge of the bed. They are little ostriches, aren't they?

Mystic Quilter said...

You're steadily building up a great collection of scraps from what I read here!!

gayle said...

Another mid-century modern chiming in! Well, 'modernish', I suppose...
(Love your new scraps!)