Monday, April 8, 2019

One Paw Forward

There's nothing like a deadline. Outgoing Presidents of our Quilt Guild receive quilt blocks...they request the pattern and colors...so I made mine so I could take it to the meeting tonight. Molly was so excited to see me back at the sewing machine, she came and tried to chew through the thread no less than four times. She would sit by the spool with an innocent look, and if I looked away she would grab it in her mouth. Of course, its not the kind of thing a cat (ahem, kitten) can ungrab.

I also finished a handful of microspools. I think I will put them away for awhile so I can work on some other projects. It's hard to have these little bits mixed up with other projects. So far I have roughly 400 of these spools, about one quarter of the total.

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

That is a lot of little spools

Julia G said...

I really like the look of quilts that have multiple sizes of the same block. So maybe you could mix in some other sizes of spools and you wouldn't need quite so many?

gayle said...

I was going to ask how many microspools you were going to need, but then thought the number would probably be too scary to contemplate...