Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Tiny Tuesday On Time

Tiny Tuesday reminds me a lot of working on Dear Jane where the goal of the day is to make one block. One step at a time. And today's tutorial is provided by Beaquilter. The Rainbow Scrappy Challenge has moved into aqua. Both Tiny Tuesday and the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge are hosted by Angela at SoScrappy.

Meanwhile, I had plans of consolidating two shelving units into one but encountered the expansion principal. When I worked as a librarian back in VA, books that were no longer being checked out would be removed (and sold at the library book sale) to make room for new books. In theory, one would think if you removed ten books, you could add ten books. But when you take out one, the others suck in air, and there is no room for a book. Same with fabric.

After filling the large shelving unit, this is what I had left. I then went through and found children's fabric to donate to Sew Teach Me in Bend, Oregon. This nonprofit teaches kids to sew (not just quilts). This opened up more space...but not quite enough so I had to put a pile of fabric in the area that is supposed to be a new sleeping area for Molly. And yes, she has been known to knock whole piles of fabrics off the top of shelves, because Molly loves the science of gravity...or watching her brother run to get out of the way.

And yes, here are more micro spools. After moving around piles of fabric, I realize I should be making macro-spools. Maybe something in the range of 36 inches.

5 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Your post’s make me smile

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love your RSC aqua block, very pretty!

suzanprincess said...

Buddy spools!
LLove your llamas, BTW.

QuiltGranma said...

LOL, gravity attacking Buddy! Love the lama-lama fabric too!

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely Tiny Tuesday block -beautiful aqua and the background fabric is a winner!