Thursday, April 4, 2019

Seahorse Reset

There are three background fabrics shown. The seahorses are swimming in a Northwoods 4 glacier blue. I ran out but found the fabric on the left side border. As I made the tails for the border, it just seemed too dark and gray. Then I found the lighter blue on the right side border. It's much closer to the original fabric. So now I'm regrouping and will make a gazillion seahorse tails until I figure out the next step.

Here Buddy is showing me his best publicity pose. Molly calls it "Before."

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Glad to see you’re working on the seahorses again; they’re among my favorites. Buddy is one handsome devil!

Beth Strand said...

Buddy, you are one handsome guy. But that quilt is amazing! (Shhhh... don't tell him I said that!)

Barbara said...

I love all the color in your quilt. Smitty would like to be bookends with Buddy. They have the same hulking physique.

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh I'm so glad you posted these today. Just a joy! And Buddy - oh soooo preeety! He just thinks he's the cat's meow!

Julia G said...

Love the seahorses. If you put spacer fabric in between the tails, you wouldn't need to make as many...

gayle said...

Seahorses and cat-horses! Who could ask for anything more?

jean f. said...

Aw, Buddy, you are so handsome!
Love the progress on the seahorses! I identify with running out of a fabric, and finding it again at another store!

Mystic Quilter said...

Handsome photo of Buddy!! Does it matter that you have different blue backgrounds around the seahorses - I think not, looks good to me.