Sunday, September 8, 2019

Back to Normal

Here's my Storm at Sea block that Angela at SoScrappy invited us to make for Tiny Tuesday.  and yes it got a bit stormy as I was making it. Luckily, I thought to put a monkey in the eye of the storm. The lion peaking into the center is just a bonus. I used flip triangles for the center square and the small outer squares. I paper pieced the diamonds. I did this twice...

I drew out the paper piecing diamonds and then traced them to deli wrap paper for paper piecing. It was only after I had finished them, removed the paper and sewn them to the other blocks that I realized something had gone very wrong. It turns out it was a faulty drawing. So I made the next set of triangles with a bit of curvilinear sewing and so yes, the Storm of Sea sports some very stormy piecing.

Buddy offered to fix the block with his brand new purple Sharpie pen which I immediately took away from him. I then asked around to find out where he got it, but no one was talking.

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

Love it

QuiltGranma said...

Love Buddy's photo too!

Cathy said...

Darla says she always knew Buddy was a Sharp(ie) cat.