Friday, September 6, 2019

Whew! Signed, Sealed, Delivered

Yes, I finally finished the Chameleon Conspiracy quilt and delivered it for entry into the NW Quilting Expo at the end of the month. I went over and over the quilt looking for missed quilting threads that needed to be worked in. That's when I discovered the chameleons were spinning extra threads because they kept appearing. And I bet I find one when its hanging at the show. Buddy thinks its chameleon drool.

And as I was working on it at the end I was thinking how nice it would be to get back to piecing again. In my mind, I had a whole list of new projects to begin. But yes, sometime this morning I lost my mind and the list went with it. Okay, I didn't lose my mind...it only went in hiding at the thought of finally confronting the 20 million tomatoes waiting for me in the garden.

9 comments:

gayle said...

Chameleon drool, eh? I think Buddy is right.
(I love all your lovely lizards!)

Vireya said...

Congratulations on getting these amazing creatures finished in time. Good luck in the show!

Julia G said...

LOVE this quilt!!! You are so creative with the block designs you come up with. And I love the branches. They create a lot of movement throughout the quilt. Great job! Looking forward to your next creation!

Louise said...

So fabulous to see this completely finished! Your animal designs are always so, so great. Congratulations and I hope it will well received at the show :)

Cathy said...

Obviously the chameleons were conspiring to bring you tomatoes to get you off their collective backs. I expect this quilt to win a nice award or two, chameleon spit or not. I’ll be thinking of you slaving away with garden produce while I’m slaving away with garden produce .... and the cats snicker behind our backs.

Sue SA said...

Well done on making your deadline! I think it is inevitable that the chameleons drool, sure it has something to do with them marking their territory!

Mystic Quilter said...

Congratulations on making the deadline Sally and the chameleons are superb! Good luck with the tomatoes.

Angie said...

Love how the chameleons turned out! Jealous of your tomatoes, our tomato season ended back in June.

Cathy said...

Wow!

I have the same number of tomatoes in my garden. They are late ripening this year.