Tuesday, September 17, 2019

New Stonefields Block

I was looking at photos of quilts from the Birmingham Festival of Quilts in England for 2019 and saw a quilt I liked very much. After a while, I realized that it was the Stonefields quilt by Susan Smith...you know...the one I'm in the middle of making. And since I was feeling like a bit of handwork, I pulled out the patterns...and made this block...which I think was the next block in line. (The pattern is set up as a Block of the Month with a booklet for each month).

Unfortunately, Cathy at Crazy by Design said she bought cat fabric because Molly would approve. So Molly now expects me to do what she tells me to...and she wanted me to fussy cut circles with cats in them. I objected because the small circles are about half an inch across and there are nine of them and only a fool would waste that much time and fabric because her cat insisted.

Molly approves...she also appreciates that although the circles were supposed to form a circle with a circle inside like a flower...they landed in a three by three formation which Molly thinks looks more natural. She insists that kittens in nature (without the influence of humans) prefer to line up in formations and march with perfect symmetry. (And yes, when she takes a nap this afternoon I may move a couple of the circles to look circular...just to annoy her.)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Cute block, but you'd better be careful rearranging those circles. I have much experience with cats, and you might end up with a dead mouse in your favorite shoe if you don't comply with her demands. (Ask my husband how I know...rather how he knows...indoor cats, by the way!)

Mystic Quilter said...

Gosh Sally, the size of those teeny tiny circles is amazing - did you find them very fiddly?

Cathy said...

I suspected you were a bit crazy before (benignly so - like the rest of us), but now I KNOW for certain. And not because you take your “marching orders” from a cat, but because of all that lovely but very tiny appliqué.