Wednesday, September 18, 2019

More Stonefields

I made three new Stonefields (by Susan Smith) blocks. The lower block shows what Molly and Buddy were doing while I was making the blocks. Buddy is the one on his back. Sometimes I can convince Buddy to just walk away...I think because of some of the time Buddy spent as a puppy.

The second ovals got a bit skewed...I think because of the template I made.


These blocks are supposed to be two ovals appliqued to a background. I decided to sew them by machine using the set-in circle method (by Dale Fleming). Everything was looking fine at this point. So it was the smaller oval that was not centered correctly.

And, of course, the oval with the fighting cats fell over during the tussle.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

These are very cute. Smitty would like to know if Molly would care to fly out to Salt Lake City to take his place on the return portion of our trip. He'll buy the ticket. He's been saving his allowance.

Cathy said...

Heck, if Barbara, er, I mean Smitty and Sadie are going to be in Salt Lake, I do think that both Molly and Buddy should fly out. Alfie and Darla invite the whole gang to get together here at our place. They just got lots of fresh new catnip.

gayle said...

Love your Stonefields ovals - especially the one with Molly and Buddy!