Sunday, October 27, 2019

Bullseye and Trips


Let's start with a finished quilt top...where I rearranged the mismatched grab bag of trip around the world blocks and laid them out, took a picture, said eek, then rearranged them some more. Then to add a certain random factor, have Molly run up the design wall a couple of times, have Buddy mix up some blocks and let me mix up some blocks...and voila.


And to add to the confusion, here is the Bullseye Tiny Tuesday block that Angela at SoScrappy presented on Saturday. While I was capturing the link, I noticed that she added another Tiny Tuesday block today, so yes, I'm behind again.


And here is another sample of the one-yard cuts of African print fabric I bought at an estate sale. And buried in the box with these fabrics was the invoice that showed that they were purchased at FabricWholesaleDirect for about $5 per yard last February. That made me a tad nervous, but I washed  a few panels and they kept their bright color with a small amount of shrinkage...but basically holding up very well.

But I should warn you that the fabric is so bright and happy that if it is dropped on the floor, it will begin to dance on its own.


Oh...never mind.

6 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I am in awe of all of your new African fabrics. I have an African project hidden away somewhere??

Jerilea Hendrick said...

Love these fabrics. I'd love to find a stash like that.

QuiltGranma said...

Love your fabric dancer!

Cathy said...

Lucky you to have dancing African fabric! We only have dancing spools here at Chez Kizerian.

gayle said...

Wowzers! Those are some beauties! Oh, and the fabrics are gorgeous, too!

Mystic Quilter said...

Well I love your scrappy TAW, mismatched bock add a whole new dimension!