Saturday, October 26, 2019

New fabrics


Here are about one third of the African print fabrics (Dutch wax) that I purchased at the estate sale. Each piece is a one yard cut. There are some repeat patterns in different color ways. I must admit that these hunks intimidate me because the patterns and colors are so grand they defy cutting...except that I also have a huge bag of scraps...squares and strips that are truly amazing.


The panels are also the perfect size of hiding a cat...


or a "kitten."


Meanwhile this was happening outside...

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Those fabrics are glorious! and intimidating as well. I'll be interested on seeing how you use them.
xx, Carol

Cathy said...

Drooling here! Why not try some International Sisters blocks? Or use them in lieu of Kaffe fabrics in quilts featuring larger-sized blocks. Diamonds? Half hexies? Snowballs?