Friday, October 25, 2019

Design Wall


Zounds. This looks quite a bit different online than it does in real life. In real life, it looks a lot mushier, but that could be my eyes. In any case, I think I will be moving around a few blocks. 

I pulled these trip around the world blocks out of the closet. I made these many years ago using Bonnie Hunter's free pattern on the blog. And there are many ways to configure them and I seem to have chosen all the various ways in all the various colors. These blocks are predominantly cool. I think I can make another quilt from the warm colors and a baby quilt out of the "very baby blocks."


Meanwhile, I made a terrible mistake. I decided to clean up my studio and put all the fabric away. I then had large expanses of carpet and twiddling thumbs...and in that state of mind I went to a quilter's estate sale. I thought I had pulled out some quilt fabric from Japan, but instead they are furoshiki--cloth for wrapping gifts. And most of them have a bunny theme. (This is one of nineteen...) I will save the 39 yard pieces of African print fabric for when the design wall is free.

8 comments:

Cathy said...

OK, I’m sitting down, sweaty palms, bated breath. Can’t wait to see the African fabric. And Darla says it’s time for you to get crackin’ on some more micro spools. Is Molly napping on the job? You must’ve put her electric bed out.

Julierose said...

Oh I think that bunny fabric is just adorable...I like the colors in your Trip too hugs, Julierose

Frances Meredith said...

Yard sale .... 39 pieces of African fabric .... I look forward to seeing what you all make.

Louise said...

I made a whole quilt out of furoshiki once! It's still one of my favorites. Can't wait to see what you do with those darling bunnies :)

gkumarsngh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
gayle said...

Is it impolite to be drooling on the bunnies? Oh, the bunnies...

QuiltGranma said...

Love your trips around the world... in 80 days? Oh, and am swooning over the little bunnies!!!!!

Julia G said...

Love the bunnies! 19 is not too many. And as for estate sales - I never feel bad about purchasing stash from preowned sources. It costs so little and gives me such joy. It's not like you paid full price. Besides, you could be out buying shoes and all kinds of things you don't need. At least quilting fabric results in quilts.