Tuesday, October 8, 2019

The Remainder


At some point, I laid out all of the pinwheel blocks and figured out what colors I needed to balance out the quilt. I cut the hunks I would need and threw them in the project box. And now those hunks are cut and sewn into blocks. As you can see, I didn't need anymore green blocks.

My next step will be to lay out all of the blocks on the design floor and let the cats give their artistic input.

And yes, I love calling this design Chantal's Pinwheels...I have seen the pattern elsewhere, but it was Chantal's version for the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge that was so inspirational. And it takes a lot to get me to make half-square triangles.

4 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

I agree, it's a lot of HST for me too. I started mine "Last year?" haven't worked on it this year yet, shame shame, as I know it makes a gorgeous quilt.!

Pamela said...

Very pretty! Half square triangles are a pain, but they do make lovely quilts!

gayle said...

I call them Chantal's Pinwheels, too, for the same reason. And I'll never be able to think of them as anything else!

Cathy said...

I love these blocks, too, and this quilt has been on my radar for at least a couple years. Maybe 2020 will be the year. I’m looking forward to seeing your quilt come together.