Thursday, October 31, 2019

Halloween Humbug


Molly is getting very good at selfies...I expect her to turn professional any day now. However, she is still not a fan of Halloween because staff puts on a scary cat mask that neither Molly nor Buddy find amusing. It doesn't look scary in a Halloween sense...more that the eyes are on a spring and who in their right mind would wear such a thing-type scary.


I did manage to finish up the last two Tiny Tuesday blocks and one of these days I will try to account for all of them and figure out what I might do with them. These last two blocks were presented by Angela of SoScrappy and the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge fame.


I also pulled some fabrics that I thought might meet the Frolic mystery quilt color scheme. Frolic is this year's mystery challenge presented by Bonnie Hunter.  I usually do a different color way by taking a turn along the color wheel...but this year Bonnie is warning to maintain contrasting colors/values. So I will probably switch the colors up but these can hang out until I come up with another plan.

The first set of instructions are provided the day after Thanksgiving.


I also wanted to show the two objects I picked up at the estate sale. I usually avoid such things because Molly does not allow me to have nice things...well, anything really. She does love her gravity demonstrations. So anything I do get has to be put behind glass doors...well away from Molly's experiment laboratory.

4 comments:

gayle said...

Or you could just keep all your nice things on the floor...
I'm dithering over Bonnie's colors. It would be an easy pull from what I have on hand, but I keep seeing purples in place of those blues. And then... Hmmm...

Cathy said...

Maybe you should put the google-eyed mask on the shelf next to the trinkets to ward off gravity-experimenting kittens. Cute selfie of Molly, which she probably already knows (and is rolling her eyes at my redundant comment). Like Gayle, I had been thinking of purples, too. Regardless of what I eventually decide on, I’m only going to do about 50-70% of the number of units Bonnie suggests because I.Hate.Square.Quilts.

Julia G said...

The tiger is absolutely fabulous, but I would like full on and above views as well. Can Molly manage that? Or is she focused just on selfies?
I think your Bonnie Hunter colors need more value contrast in the blues. Didn't she have a light blue and a darker blue?

QuiltGranma said...

Love your bird... sugar bowl?