Monday, October 7, 2019

Pretend It's Saturday


This post makes a lot more sense if you think its Saturday and I am showing my Pinwheel blocks focusing on dark fabrics...the "color" of the month for the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge. Or you can pretend I'm one of those "finish quilts" type of people, because along the way I cut the remaining triangles that I will need for the rest of this quilt. Yikes, I even have all the triangles sewn into half square triangles. Could this possibly mean that things are getting back to normal...

No...


I made a serious error in judgment. I showed Molly some bird videos on youtube. They are really quite wonderful...a camera is set up right in front of seeds left out on a tree stump or a rock. And birds and rodents scurry into view, twitch and jump, then scurry off. The video captures both the movement and the sound. And within about five minutes, Molly was hooked. And she does not distinguish among screens...phone, computer, tv. Also, she soon starts pawing at the screen.

Buddy, with limited vision and more common sense, hears the video sound of birds and runs to look out of the window.


As you might expect, it didn't take long for Molly to transition from viewer to critic. So, yes, now Bonnie Hunter is being supervised, but happily she doesn't know it.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Darla loves those bird videos, too, ever since Molly emailed her about them. And since when does Buddy have more common sense? Love your blocks, too!

Katie said...

My kitties love the videos, too. Even Lexie, after she went deaf, would enjoy watching the movement. But I limited their viewing to my smartphone, as dumping over the all-in-one computer would not do... The block looks great, Saturday or not!

Barbara said...

I’m glad to see she’s keeping up with current events and impeachment purrceedings. Smitty and Sadie would like to recommend the “Catch and Paint Games for Cats” app. It’s excellent for cats who are art critics, especially those with quilting experience.

MissPat said...

Our friends have a Shitzu who barks at the TV everytime a dog comes on the screen. I need to pull out my Chantel pinwheel blocks and actually put the quilt together.
Pat

Preeti said...

It is easy to pretend it is Saturday...except for that pesky staff meeting at 1:00.
I have forgotten what "normal" felt like.
The blocks are going to the dark side (mine too). It is a sign. Of what - I don't know.

QuiltGranma said...

When hubby was visiting his sis recently her mini poodle would see something on the TV then run out the doggy door to get whoever was on the screen barking all the way!