Thursday, June 18, 2020

Growth


Here is my set of zippers so far. Today I calculated that I needed about 100 more blocks. What? I have been making these blocks forever. How come I am still always surprised about how many blocks make a quilt?


Meanwhile I have been so obsessed with new pandemics like COVID19 and PSP20 (Postage Stamp Pandemic 2020) that I forgot about one of the oldest contagions known to man or cat. Cooties. And yes, Molly Kitten's heated bed has a mammoth cooties outbreak. And, I know, in a certain light that pile of brown fungus takes on the appearance of a cat, but that is just an optical illusion.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

I tell ya, Buddy gets no respect! He’s the handsomest pile of cooties I’ve ever seen. And, um, 100 more blocks? How big are you making your zipper quilt? Are you planning to tent your house with it to fumigate for cooties?

SandyPA said...

I'm with Cathy on the zipper quilt size. Although...100 blocks is only four more sets of 25. You can do it! My little Munchkin kitty wants to know if Molly will share her cooties - they are delicious (she says). Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com

gayle said...

Was that cootie or cutie? (I think Buddy is the latter)

Katie said...

Be happy Mollu doesn't think YOU have the cooties, as my Freddie seems to think about me. (He will immediately jump into the hubby's lap, but me? Nope. Not a chance!) The zipper blocks are looking great. 100 isn't that bad. I'm making one with tiny stars that has about 1400 or something. I might finish it in this lifetime...

Dorothy said...

Buddy = "cuties"

QuiltGranma said...

Oh, please love on that Molly Kitten for me. What a precious girl, keeping you on your toes!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

your zippers are so pretty!