Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Vegetables and Inspiration


Today my sister and I met up (outside) with her son, daughter-in-law and two grandsons, one of whom is having a birthday. (I play the role of the crazy great aunt). It was so nice to be outside on a beautiful day, just hanging out. And on the way home, I took this picture of an artichoke that a neighbor has growing in their yard. It's about twice the height it was last year.

And given the response I have gotten from yesterday's post, I will be picking three winners. I am very much looking forward to stuffing those boxes. So thanks for your response, it has put a spring in my step. Of course, it didn't get me to sew very much and all I can show for it is a thorny vegetable.

Meanwhile, my sister's favorite blogger is "becoming acquainted with the new blogger platform" and is feeling a tad challenged. Unlike the caustic snark you might find here, Joyful Puttering is emotionally well-balanced and inspirational.  You can spread more of your good cheer by visiting her here: http://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com.

6 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Well, thank you for the photo - I have never seen an artichoke plant!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I had no idea that is what an artichoke looked like! And the new blogger platform - I tried and immediately switched back.... it was a tad difficult!

gayle said...

Artichoke or Triffid? I wouldn't stand too close...

Mystic Quilter said...

I don't like to eat artichokes but I love the plant itself, beautiful feathery leaves and the globe itself, especially flowering.

Magpie Sue said...

I don't think I've ever seen a nearly full-grown artichoke plant either. Your blog is so informative! I'm not having fun with the new blogger platform but am trying to adjust.

MissPat said...

I've never seen an artichoke plant and at first I thought it was a Canadian thistle, but quickly realized the flower bud was not a thistle. I'm not a blogger so I can skip the angst of those who have to adapt. I've heard lots of grumbling though. They picked a great time to add to people's stress, didn't they?
Pat