Saturday, June 6, 2020

New Border


Here is my new approach for the border for the sheep quilt. Yesterday I was trying out sheep ears for a border and all I could see was a cat in the negative space. I personally think its better to keep cats in the positive space. So now I'm chopping off sheep legs which gives me a fence.

Meanwhile, I am writing this in the New Blogger. And because I write my posts, one photograph at a time (and in this case) with one photo, I don't see much difference. However, just to give a specific example, in the old blogger there was a button in the top left corner that said "New Post." Now there is a plus sign in the bottom right corner...a signal that New Blogger does not want to be your friend. On the positive side, at least you don't have to hover the cursor over a blank area for the symbol to appear...a signal that New Blogger wants to be your enemy.

The big nuisance I face when blogging is the computerized cat interface that I don't seem to be able to turn off. This "feature" walks across the key board unless you tuck it well up underneath the monitor where it is hard to reach (for both of you). Swiping at the desktop is a better feature than the cuddle on top of the left arm. While in practice this is a very loving gesture, it does mean that writing the blog is a slow, slogging one-handed adventure.


4 comments:

gayle said...

My cat interface frequently tries to 'spellcheck' me by reaching up from my lap to type extra letters. This would work better if he could actually spell.

Cathy said...

My cat interface thinks she’s made of glass and that I can see through her. She likes to pace back and forth in front of the monitor between it and the keyboard. But then she’ll settle in my lap and leave the cursor alone as long as I scratch her head. I like your new border wall.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Well the ears did bother me, BUT the legs seem even more creepy. Maybe the lumpy puffs of sheep fluff? I'm lucky - the cat interface doesn't affect the computer usage. HOWEVER, quilting is another story. Seems like a must to have a heavy body to drag around while trying to FMQ on the home machine.

Julia G said...

What if you were to alternate the legs with the black hoof first on the right side then on the left side? I like them separated with a little bit of white space.