Friday, June 26, 2020

Zippers and spools and crime


Here are the recent additions to the zipper blocks and a bunch of microspools came along for the ride. Remember, orange is the new neutral.


And crime solved! Two days ago I found a mangled skein of white yarn in the bedroom. It was obviously the fault of Buddy, the career criminal in the family. And he wouldn't tell me where he got it, which proved his guilt. Then this morning, there were three bright skeins of yarn in the bedroom, all mangled. I still had no clue where the scoundrel was getting the yarn.

(Aside: I realize I am unlike most quilters and have yarn stashed away for knitting projects or in case I somehow learn to crochet.)

Then later today, I found Molly in the living room beating up a skein of purple yarn. I explained to her that she should be punishing Buddy the criminal...not the victim, in this case the skein of yarn.

I did take time to try and figure out where these skeins were coming from...but there was nothing obvious...that was until I saw Molly's backside sticking out of a bag that was tucked inside a basket. She was showing me where the skeins were coming from so Buddy could finally be brought to justice.

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, Molly - good pointing out Buddy's folly (hahaha).

Jerilea Hendrick said...

Many years ago I heard that orange was the most neglected color in a quilters arsenal. I have since taken every opportunity to stock up on orange and I include it in every quilt I make. I like that it is now the new neutral and knowing, I shall taken every advantage to use it even more.

Barbara said...

Smitty would have made a citizen’s arrest if Sadie pulled anything like that.

Hilachas said...

I hardly have any orange fabric. Nice to know it works as a neutral, funny story about your cat.

gayle said...

Orange thanks you for your support.
Good thing Molly used all her detective skills to solve the crime! Sherlock Holmes would be so proud. And envious.

Cathy said...

As the former Chancellor of Kitten U, Molly was likely the professor in the Criminology class that Buddy attended. I was thinking of you today as I sewed eight new zipper blocks myself.

QuiltGranma said...

Are you SURE that it is buddy at fault, when you found Miss Molly in that basket?