Thursday, December 14, 2023

Backing for the Lego Quilt


Here are the fabrics for the back of the lego quilt...puzzle pieces and a stripe...a nice respite for the eyes if the front of the quilt seems too busy. Although the lego quilt is small, I will be piecing the back with the puzzle pieces down the center and the stripe along both sides. I may use this stripe or another one as the binding.

And to clarify yesterday's post: Project Quilting is hosted on Kim Lapacek's blog and is fashioned after the show Project Runway. A theme or prompt is given and then anyone can create a "quilt" based on that theme and post a photo of the completed quilt on the Project Quilting blog. There are random drawings for prizes and no one is eliminated in a career-crushing manner.

You can see more about this fun romp here: https://kimlapacek.com/project-quilting  Season 15 starts on January 7, 2024.

3 comments:

Julierose said...

Perfect choices for your Legos backing;))) I must pull out my legos baggy and continue...how long did it take you to sew all the blocks? [uhh do I REALLY want/need to know this fact??? hahaha],
Anyway--I am hoping to use the strips as leader-enders if I can figure out how I intend to continue...
Good luck on the "Project-Quilting"..hugs, Julierose

gayle said...

I'm giggling because those two dazzlers really do 'tone down' the legos!

Linda Swanekamp said...

What a nifty back for the quilt. Excitement both front and back. Perfect to show up cat hair.