Sunday, December 10, 2023

Legos Quilt Rematch


 Buddy was very happy with the progress I was making putting fabric away and clearing out his play area in front of the design wall. However, I launched into reviewing project bins and found (once again) the legos blocks I started back in 2014.  I gave up on the project because I feared it was just going to be a hot mess. But then I decided to try putting it in a diagonal setting, put it together and deal with it as a quilt top instead of a pile of blocks.

Here is the information for its origin story:  As a reminder, the original inspiration was an antique quilt  I learned about it on Tonya's Lazy Gal Quilting blog where she provides a tutorial


I have about five more diagonal seams to sew before its finished...and I am quite happy with how it looks on the diagonal, so this might even be quilt worthy.

5 comments:

Kara Kwilts said...

I love your quilt top!!!! It is a great thing to have put it on the diagonal, it is smashing! I love Tanya's version too, it is so clever of a pattern, and to do it in ugly fabrics. Ha! Have a great day!!! Kara

Julierose said...

Definitely quilt worthy to my mind!! The diagonal setting is really great!! I have started and stopped my lego a ga-zillion times--just cannot get with the program on this one somehow...;((( yours is turning out (get that? "turning" hahaha) really beautifully...hugs, Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is so much more interesting on the diagonal. Good decision.

gayle said...

The diagonal set is a good call - less chaotic and way more interesting!

Shirley said...

That is just awesome! Definitely quilt worthy. Looking forward to seeing the completed project. I loved everything Tonya created. Really miss her blog.