Friday, December 1, 2023

Rainbow Log Cabin: Green


 Here are four completed log cabin blocks for the Rainbow Log Cabin. And let me assure you that the top right block is not wonky...its my design wall. 

To make sure I got the steps in the black and white section, I make sure to start each log cabin block with either a black or white strip, then the color strip (in this case green). Because the white and black joins are hard to see, it gives the same look as partial seams. 

And I did have a few missteps. In particular, I found it hard to alternate the black and white because log cabins are often made half light and half dark. So I often added a white strip on top of a white strip, or a black strip on top of a black strip. Old habits.

4 comments:

julieQ said...

OOOOOooooo! I just love those...how pretty!!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

These are pretty perky blocks. Looks great.

gayle said...

Yeah, I can see that those blocks have "trap" all over them. "No, no, I'm simple really" they snicker and snerk.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Be still my heart. . .that is one fantastic design!