Friday, December 22, 2023

Orange You Glad the Log Cabin Returns?


 I've been sewing a lot lately, but nothing I can show. So I was very happy to make four new orange log cabin blocks. That still wasn't enough to complete the diagonal, so I added the red blocks. I like them mixed in together. In the original inspiration, one of the diagonals combined pink, orange and red.

In the post about plaid shirts, a no-reply comment mentioned collecting pumpkin-colored plaids. I was going to offer to send the shirt to her, but...no reply. In any case, I will be having the fabric giveaways again next year...starting Jan. 1 for the first one. And yes, requesting orange plaid is an option.

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I am SO happy you posted these blocks again. As much as I want to make this quilt too, I have my doubts if I can squeeze it in (But I will try). It is such a bright spot on my computer screen this morning.

Julierose said...

Ohmygosh--I just love how this is looking, Sally!! Such lovely swishes of color
sweeping diagonally--the red/oranges is especially nice I think. Nice work hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

These blocks are sew lovely and unique. They play so well together.

Anonymous said...

Looking great!

Anonymous said...

I love these blocks! They are so cheery and full of motion.
Andrea in MO

gayle said...

Oh, I love this! You've left the original inspiration in the dust!