Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Getting the Blues


 My main focus in the sewing room is getting all fabric put away and projects sorted and stored. I want the chaos tamed slightly before the new year when the chaos known as Project Quilting begins. I have not lasted through an entire "season" yet. Last year I did all the projects except the last one.  

But I did start cutting strips and centers for blue log cabin blocks. Each block uses ten blue strips and I'll be making 14 blocks. I'm mixing up the blues to include turquoise/teal like the inspiration quilt.


Molly is helpful as usual, although she and Buddy had a rough morning. I squared away the fabric and began sorting through their massive stash of cat toys. Molly played with the twirling butterfly so it stays. Buddy just lay off to the side glaring at me until I pulled out an interactive feather toy. He was having a blast because he likes toys with artificial intelligence (me pretending to act like prey). 

I got rid of a lot of beaten up, broken and boring toys so now they are down to only have too many toys.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

You have a lovely variety of blues for your log cabin project...I really love the "swath" of color that sweeps up between the blocks. Nice work on these...
I need to do some cutting--tho' I don't usually do fabric pulls--more like pulling out from messed up scrappy bags!! :(((
Hugs, Julierose

gayle said...

Everything is a cat toy if you just look at it right. Ask any cat.

cbott said...

What a cute little cutting mat! Hardly a challenge for Molly, though. Come on! Give her something she can really spread out on! Extra points for an irritated tail sweep in and out of the path of the rotary cutter.

Carolyn

Julierose said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful and generous package of reds and greens,
Sally--I can't wait to dig into them to continue my Christmas Ojos project...
I feel like Santa came early ;)))
hugs x2 Julierose

Gee in WA state said...

I too am attempting the year end cleaning... appalling! "Artificial Intelligence"??? Love it! I would consider that a compliment LOL

Juliann in WA said...

I don’t know what Project Quilting is but I hope you get yourself sorted out so you can enjoy it! During my last round of sewing room cleaning I sorted a lot of strips to use in a string quilt - someday 😉

Beth Strand said...

I made the goal of bigger quilts two or three years ago for PQ. I thought I might donate them but it turns out I'm pretty attached to them. Three have been gifts but the rest are still with me and I still love them!