Saturday, February 17, 2024

It's a Circus


Here's the next round of the Tula Nova quilt. Turns out the only fabric that wants to be in the same quilt as a hallucinating kitten and swimming rats are...circus animals. I first saw the circus animal fabric at the Sisters Quilt Show in a quilt by Sarah Fielke.  I hunted for the fabric online and when it arrived it was the canvas cotton fabric. For this, I cut out a stiffer paper to baste around and other than looking ridiculous, it should fit in. 

4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Well, you are one talented cookie! Your block is way beyond my pay grade which is probably why I only have one cat. Every pieces of fabric is just fabulous. Wow.

gayle said...

Woohoo! Leaves those plain ol' hexies in the dust!
I've got a La Passacaglia simmering on a back burner somewhere. I keep telling myself I'm going to dig it out and work on it...

Hubblebird said...

I’ve only just realised that Rattus rattus has also made an appearance. Beautiful. All that hard work!

Beth Strand said...

I love it!