Sunday, February 18, 2024

Quilting Dangers


 I received an email yesterday from a much smarter person than me. It was a very nice email that showed me the beginnings of a Tula Nova that used the same hallucinating kitten. What went unmentioned was that this quilter had the presence of mind and excessive brain capacity to make the center piece and the triangle below it as one piece...so the kitten was spared the trauma of its toes being thoughtlessly chopped off.


And unfortunately my thoughtless behavior occurs often enough that it is not uncommon for Molly to perch like this in the sewing room. I will try to do better. That said, I did find a gash in the seahorse quilt as I was quilting it (Buddy!!!!) and I unpicked quilting and a couple of seams and was able to tuck the gash under a seam. The seahorse is a bit more curvilinear than the others, but I am always impressed by how forgiving fabric is.


And speaking of gashes in seahorses, here is an alligator I made a while back. 

7 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

My favorite cat pose is when they sit upright and the end of the tail covers the feet making them invisible. Of course, she won't pose right now as she is all sprawled in front of the gas fireplace. Glad you saw the cut then and not when you think you are done.

Susan said...

I am laughing at myself as I thought it was a frog when I first saw the picture of your alligator. I can see the alligator now though. It does look like Molly has her eye on you.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, I made that long swiping cut long ago and caught Moe;s foot. Clean cut and the vet just superglued him. He was quite forgetful and walked in front of that blade many times, but I was more watchful.

cbott said...

I believe that cotton fabric is still alive, and therefore malleable. Polyester? No such luck!

I took a picture of my boy cat sitting pretty with his tail wrapped around his front feet. A friend asked how I managed to make him pose that way. She obviously had never been owned by cats!

My girl cat should by rights be a manx by now. She shows her displeasure at the amount and quality of attention she's getting by sitting in the middle of the cutting table, beating her tail right in the path of my rotary cutter. No feline blood has been shed yet.

Carolyn

gayle said...

That gator does look like he has evil designs on seahorses...

Julia Graves said...

You're alligator is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Love that Gator....but he does look like he's hungry!