Thursday, February 22, 2024

Hexies


 Here's a handful of hexies. For a layout, I am thinking of having black surrounded by white (and/or vice versa) with bright colors winding around. But color organization of the brights will help a lot. Keeping this in mind, I am keeping a eye out for white and black fabrics in my stash with animal images because I tend to overlook them.

I was asked about a lizard pattern and I thought alligator...a few days ago I remembered the chameleons. I never made a tutorial for this pattern, because despite varying opinions, I'm not crazy. I did show my cheat sheets for piecing the block here. The finished quilt is here.

2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

That is a regular zoo you have going on there!And some fur also. Wonderful hexies.

Julia Graves said...

Love the chameleons!