Monday, December 24, 2018

All About Buddy

I realize that it is Christmas Eve, but in our family we also celebrate this as Buddy's anniversary. Three years ago on Christmas Eve, after two months, Buddy finally came up to me on his own and rubbed against me and purred. Before that, I could entice him with food and toys, but he was always wary and darted away.

This morning, as Molly and I were reminiscing and cuddling, we admitted that back then it was very easy to mistake Buddy as a kitten. Especially because he spent most of that first month hiding in a box.

Molly and I took a break to play with some string because she always enjoyed it as a kitten. Buddy seemed to enjoy it too except he would inevitably bite the string in two.  And of course now he plunges around after the laser mouse toy with no consideration for Molly who requires 50 hind end wiggles per pounce.

And because its Buddy's special day, Molly thought she would enjoy some treats. Afterward, we cuddled some more and discussed whether Buddy needed a new name now that he had reached boulder status. We decided we would stick with Fuddy Buddy for now.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Darla says she thinks Buddy is a Hunka Hunka Burnin’ Cat... And Meowy Christmas too!

Dorothy said...

Those fabulous blue eyes had me from the git go. Have no idea where he came from, or how he ended up in your "lap", but I have loved him from day one :-) Merry Christmas to all of you

gayle said...

It's been a long journey for our little Buddy - from kitten to pony to boulder. I expect he'll be a cruise ship next, if he learns to float. Or possibly a small moon...

PaulaB quilts said...

Happy Anniversary, Buddy! Do go on keeping Molly on her toes, but don’t bulldoze her over.

QuiltGranma said...

;-) LOL!