Saturday, December 15, 2018

Speedy Chicken Contemplation

Today got off to a rocking start...I was cutting the rest of the triangles for the string star quilt and I had a great idea for quilting the speedy chickens...how about a chicken wire fence overlay in quilting. Seemed wonderful in my mind, but now that I have the chickens up on the design wall I'm not to sure. So while I was letting this idea simmer, I soon found myself trapped under a boulder again.

Here is the boulder a year ago when he was a mere pony.

8 comments:

Cathy said...

I think quilting chicken wire is a killer idea, but also a killer in practice. Do you have a long-arm or mid-arm? If you use your DSM, you’ll have a dead arm! And just how much does Buddy the Boulder weigh these days (or is that a closely guarded secret)?

Julierose said...

Your chickens may complain about being fenced in lol--really though, that would seem to be a super idea, but a whole lot of work..Hugs, julierose

Barbara said...

Smitty is wondering why you need a ranch for your pony when you already live in a barnyard.

Dee W said...

If you do a cross hatch - diagonal diamonds - that would work. Love your boulder and Molly!

Julia G said...

Love your chickens. Great color flow.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I like that chicken fencing idea to contain those speeding chickens. Might save them from boulders too.

QuiltGranma said...

the chickens would not complain about the fence if there was a chicken hawk on the other side! Love your pony!

gayle said...

I like the chicken wire idea, too. But I'm also struggling to think of a way to make it happen without having to pull your hair out.
At least your boulder is warm and fluffy. Could be worse...