Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Good Fortune Part FIve

Here are some of my Good Fortune Part 5 units for Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt...I have about half of them made.

And here are two of the presents that Buddy and Molly received from my grand nephews for Christmas. The toys are meant to run on a track and if I knew physics I would understand how they work. They vibrate and that makes them crawl on their plastic protrusions. The box says that these are a choking hazard for children under the age of 3...and happily Buddy and Molly are older than that.

On Christmas eve, Buddy and Molly declared these were the best toy EVER. Molly was wild eyed and they played with it until the battery was wearing down. And Buddy couldn't grab it in his mouth because of the vibrations.

Then on Christmas morning, I gave them a fresh toy but they said it was "SO YESTERDAY." This morning Molly pretended to be interested but then walked away.  Then Buddy came up and grabbed the toy in his mouth and ran to put it under the bed. DANGER! DANGER! Not a good toy for cats after all.

Oh...and they gave my grandnephews the game Mousetrap. Buddy and Molly thought it very funny that someone would build a contraption to catch a mouse rather than just grab it with a paw and pop it in the mouth.

At one point when they were playing with their new toy, it got stuck under a container and it started vibrating loudly. Buddy came running up to me and meowed. He never meows. I immediately awarded him 100 adorable points. Then I dislodged the toy so they could continue to play.

Then this morning at 3:30 AM Buddy stuck his face into mine to wake me up to tell me "GET UP! GET UP! It's Boxing Day!" I took away all of his adorable points and subtracted 50. So he's back in the dog house.


6 comments:

Vireya said...

Your mystery units look great! The cat toys are intriguing.

gayle said...

Well, you can't blame a cat for getting excited about Boxing Day. Boxes are the BEST.

Cathy said...

Oh, Jitterbots!!! When you wrote me about them before, I couldn’t “grock” what they were. It’s something we’ve considered for our cats before, but anything noisy scares them. Yes, they’re ‘Fraidy Cats. Hey, your Alarm Cat works just like mine! And sometimes if I go back to sleep the Snooze Cat puts her whiskers in my face.

Julia G said...

LOL!!! So funny :)

ckrut said...

I laughed out loud when I read that Buddy was back in the "doghouse". You are hilarious! Thank you for that laugh. I needed it.

QuiltGranma said...

another LOL!!!!!!!!!