Saturday, December 29, 2018

Rainbow Round Up

Today we are reviewing our annual progress for the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge 2018. These bitcoin blocks were my favorite to make this year so this quilt top came together quickly. In fact, these were so much fun I still have piles of these blocks left over.

I also made these supersized postage stamp blocks. The postage stamps were the typical one inch square finished, but each block was made from 20 blocks with 16 postage stamps (a four by four patch).

The speedy chicken top was also finished this year, although these blocks began in a previous year.

And I also uncovered some languishing rainbow quilt blocks. I was certainly surprised to see that I had eleven sheep. This is closer to coming together than I had thought.

And these poor cows are definitely getting long in the tooth from neglect. I should probably try and revive these in the new year too.

And I have lots of these blocks...I limited the number that I put up on the design wall because my cat Molly was preparing to knock them down.

Meanwhile, I have seen various blog posts that review their annual postings and pick their favorite blog post. Others have round ups of the quilts that were finished during the year. This makes it a bit difficult for me because a lot of my blog features Buddy and Molly. So maybe I should have a year end review where I decide which is better: Buddy or Molly. (And yes, I did not say which is the better cat, dog or pony...)

So up for consideration is Buddy (above)...

Or Molly. Feel free to weigh in...


18 comments:

Vicki W said...

Oh wow, I love Bitcoin!

Cathy said...

How could one choose between your two adorable supervisors? But for the quilts, I love Bitcoin (I keep meaning to try some of that 1.5x2.5 piecing; only slightly less intimidating than postage stamps. Did I say I love the postage stamps too?) And all the animal quilts are awesome. OK, my brain is obviously helter-skelter. I vote for both cats and love all your quilts!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Who could pick the best cat? Not me! I can't even decide which quilt I like best--speedy chickens, bitcoin, postage stamp??? All are amazing!
Cheers,
Sylvia@Treadlestitches

gayle said...

I think that Buddy is the Best Cat for Sleeping and Molly is the Best Cat for Leaping. That way they both win!
I love all your quilts, with or without critters. (I need to dig out my sheep blocks, too. I think I have four but I may be optimistic...)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on getting THREE tops together for the RSC this year. I really like what you did with Bitcoin and with your Supersized postage stamp blocks!! Looking forward to seeing these completed in the coming months.

Barbara said...

I've always been partial to Buddy. Maybe because I root for the underdog. I live all your quilts.

piecefulwendy said...

Well, clearly Buddy and Molly create differently. Buddy is a dreamer; Molly is a doer! Haha. I love 'em both!

Linda said...

Love those Cute Cows. You should definitely make more of them next year.

Vireya said...

Molly obviously takes her duties as a quilt inspector very seriously! She is really checking out your quarter inch seams in that photo. Buddy seems to understand that quilts are for sleeping on or under. They are both champions in their particular fields.

Barbara said...

Smitty likes a woman who’ll take charge...or maybe he just said charge. I’’m not really sure.

MissPat said...

Love them all,cats quilts and ponies.
Pat

Katie said...

The quilts are all wonderful, but that Bitcoin is sure an eye catcher! As far as cat voting goes, there's no way to pick a favorite...and if you do, you never know what might end up in your shoe...just ask my hubby!

QuiltGranma said...

how can one decide between two krazy kats?

Mystic Quilter said...

A splendid collection of colourful quilts Sally, you must be thrilled with these. Lovely close up of Buddy taking a well earned rest and naughty Molly helping with the arrangement on your design wall.

Cathy said...

Oh what scrappy goodness! Note to self...dig out the Brown Cows.
And, sorry, I don't attend weigh ins.

Julia G said...

I have really liked all your quilts. The Bit Coin and Postage Stamp have so much sparkle. (Ok, one tiny comment - did you mean to have the order in Bit Coin be orange, pink, red? That's not quite color wheel order...). The cows and sheep are just adorable and do deserve additional attention this year, unless something el... squirrel? SQUIrrEl?

Pamela Arbour said...

I just love everything you have made with your scraps. Very impressive.

Betty C said...

Your projects are all awesome.