Monday, December 10, 2018

Clue Three

Here are a subset of my clue 3 blocks for Bonnie Hunter's Good Fortune Mystery quilt.

And unlike previous years, the final layout for this quilt is so obvious that I am going ahead and sewing these blocks together.

And yes, I have not been able to blog over the last two days because I was trapped under a boulder. Luckily, Buddy gets up quite often for a snack and that lets me take a breath. He thinks I will mistake him for a cat if he sits on my lap and purrs, but its more the sensation of being in an avalanche...I suppose.

Barbara at Cat Patches was planning to go outside to counteract the short days we have in the Northwest. That is exactly the kind of advice I would give, but not do. And if I were still in Virginia, I would be outside with a snow shovel. Instead, I decided to string my IKEA squirrel lights across the top of my design wall. While I was hanging them, Molly would sneak attack from behind the design wall and bat at them. She decided they were a very boring cat toy because she did not get to activate gravity by having either me or the squirrels fall to the floor.

11 comments:

gayle said...

Oh, those boulders...
And now I have to go finish squeeing over those squirrel lights. Because SQUIRRELS!

Julierose said...

Ooh i just placed my new little blue fairy lights on my mantel--but i need a garland to
hold them in place and to look decent...
Nice Block--hugs, Julierose

Rabid Quilter from California said...

You crack me up! I'm using a more "limey" green too as it's my favorite color. Happy quilting!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I too have the Ikea squirrel lights and also the bird. I have them across my mantle. But that's not what I dropped by to say...love your block..interesting!

Annette Mandel said...

There seems to be a hole in your mystery block. Is that for clue 4?

Vireya said...

Your colours are looking fantastic.

Barbara said...

I tried going outside. The day was as short as ever. No need to follow my example.

Alison V. said...

Your units look great! These short days are just the worst for my productivity.

MissPat said...

I'd put money on betting that IKEA will experience a sudden swell in searches for the squirrel lights.
Pat

Melissa said...

Lol. Be glad your pony settles for your lap. Half the time, mine insists on being cradled in my arms and oh my word but she gets heavy! She's learned that purring in my ear makes me less likely to give her the boot and takes advantage shamelessly.

Cathy said...

Cutest. Avalanche. Ever! Buddy melts me! And those squirrel lights! Must run to IKEA again. Your Good Fortune is looking good. (Fortunately). Sorry, couldn’t resist...