Sunday, March 3, 2019

Binding Bunnies

I had decided to use the darker purple spot as the binding, except one of the bunnies sports that fabric and I don't want to look as though I'm playing favorites.  On a lark I tried the light lavender spot and like it a lot better.

Of course, I also had to try out Kaffe's new tiddlywink fabric. While they are wonderful fabrics, I don't think bindings should introduce chaos.

And speaking of chaos, Molly is back in her heated bed. You would think that its an extra large bed, but really its a small.

And Buddy is also quite happy because I found his laser toy. Sometimes he carries it around and takes it into the bedroom or to his food dish...so clearly it was his fault that I couldn't find it for days. Except today I found it. It was sitting on a pile of fabric when I set another pile of fabric on it. The reason we found it today is that I finally relented and ordered a replacement.

7 comments:

Vireya said...

That's the way it goes, isn't it? It is the sure way to find lost items. I'm sure it will be handy to have two, though.

Katie said...

The lavender spot will be a nice finish for the bunnies. And I agree that binding should not cause additional chaos in a quilt...most of the time! I'm glad Buddy doesn't put his laser toy in his water bowl like one of my cats does every single time I give her a q-tip. She begs for them in the bathroom and sometimes I relent, but tell her "do not put this in your water bowl"...only to find it there 2 minutes later. Then she splashes all the water out of the bowl to get it back. Cats are lucky they're so cute, otherwise no one would have taken the time hundreds of years ago to domesticate them (somewhat). Because who wants an ugly AND naughty pet?!

Julia G said...

Lavender looks great for the binding!

piecefulwendy said...

My cat, Wilbur, does the same thing with the laser toy. He really could care less about chasing the red dot, but he loves to play with the thing. He picks it up and carries it around too.

PaulaB quilts said...

That’s the guaranteed way to find something. The purple dot is cute, but you certainly don’t want to play favorites.

gayle said...

Clever Buddy to have found such a good hiding place for his toy that he gets a new one and you are left thinking it's your fault...

Cathy said...

That’s how the universe works with lost things - they usually only show up when you get a new one. However, yesterday at our house was the exception that proved the rule. Bruce was cleaning out the library/music room/Africa Room (formerly a second guest bedroom - it has more iterations than Microsoft) and found Darla’s original single-level rollerball toy. She has been playing with it quite happily again.