Sunday, March 17, 2019

Out of a Bind

Zounds! I didn't finish the binding until just after midnight last night. So here it is the morning after. I haven't quite found all the pins and loose threads. Happily, the quilting design ran off both ends of the quilt, so I don't have that many thread ends to deal with. Oh, and then I still have to take the lint brush to it.

And here is a closer look at the quilt. I am especially happy with the binding fabric.

I also finished the binding on the bounding bunny quilt...but it still needs some more machine quilting. Then I need to put sleeves on four quilts. Then they will be ready for the Northwest Quilters Quilt Show next weekend (March 22, 23 Portland Expo Center). Plug, plug.

While binding...I've had some time to think...and you know how some quilters pick a word at the beginning of the year to be their focus for the year? Every year I am instructed to pick the word "Molly" because she insists on being my focus. However, I'm going to add a new word...

SMALLER

I realize I could have made the chickens to a smaller scale and had less quilt to deal with and could have had the same effect. And yes, Molly approves of my choosing SMALLER because she thinks I'm referring to her size compared to the Budster.

7 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Ah, but if you made the chickens smaller they'd be escaping through their chicken wire, where they'd no doubt meet their fate with the likes of Molly and Buddy, and you'd end up with a heap of quilted feathers for your effort. Great finish!

Sue SA said...

Love it! From the cute finds in side the chickens to the fantastic wire quilting, looks amazing and I think it deserves a prize in the show. Molly probably should get one too, but not sure what the category should be....most imaginative cat perhaps?

Cathy said...

Well, regardless of the size, it’s cute as heck! And the fact that you’ve got foxes in the henhouse (or at least foxes in the hen), should all by itself qualify you for a prize!! Great finish.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

How wonderful that you were able to finish a quilt exactly on National Quilting Day! I have tried to finish quilts on special days but I wind up being early or late. Smaller quilts are funner to make.

Angie said...

Great finish! I'm glad I got to see this quilt from the beginning to the end. Wish I could see it in person at the show!

Barbara said...

Turned out great.

Cathy said...

The chickens are spectacular and the quilting impressive. Congrats on the finish!