Friday, March 15, 2019

Spring Chickens

The chickens are finally encased in their chicken wire. And yes, with a small amount of effort they could slip through. Hopefully the chickens won't try and escape until they are hanging at the quilt show.

And today I felt the full effects of spring. We had a nice warm day with lots of sun, and Molly broke free from her heated bed addiction. Now she is back to "helping" me. Here she is helping me machine quilt the speedy chicken quilt. Later, she helped me sew the binding strips together by standing in front of the machine.

Here is Molly helping me trim the batting around the binding. And Molly would like me to mention that she also took a full run at the design wall and successfully scaled it to the top. She obviously accomplished much more than I did today.

7 comments:

Vireya said...

I think your chicken wire quilting is fantastic! Perfect for this quilt.

Cathy said...

I agree with Vireya - the chicken wire quilting is perfect. It adds even more whimsy to the quilt. Will you be putting the heated bed away once spring has really sprung? You knew that no help or supervision from Herself was too good to last!

Laura said...

The chicken quilt is whimsical and fun! Love the quilting!

Barbara said...

Great quilting. I really like what you've done with the chicken wire.

QuiltGranma said...

Love your chicken wire, and LOVE your kitty! Great job, Molly!

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh yes! That chicken wire is just the perfect quilting motif for this quilt. (Okay you are a genius!) Looks really super good. And thanks for showing us Molly - she always makes my day.

scraphappydenise said...

Hi Sally your quilt was a wonderful addition to our show😎