Wednesday, March 13, 2019

One Year Lookback

I have been quilting the speedy chicken quilt. I have used a template to make one half of the chicken wire lattice across the whole quilt. And now I am joining those sections together with a wire wrap decorative stitch. So every time I come to the join, I have to move two levers and adjust a dial. So yes, my sewing machine is the equivalent of a rotary phone.

Given I don't have much to show, I looked back to see what I was working on. And I was truly shocked to see that I finished the speedy chicken quilt top a year ago. Time is definitely playing tricks on me.

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

Love it. But then I loved it when it was only "blocks" of chickens, You are such an inspiration.

SandyPA said...

Are you Brood-ing over the length of time to finish this quilt? I love this quilt and I hope you are enjoying how it is turning out, too. Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com

Katie said...

But rotary phones probably weren't taken out in The Great Facebook Outage of 2019, as I've heard yesterday's mess (I hope sarcastically) called! My sewing machine is about the equivalent of those wooden phones kids dragged around on a string when I was a child. I has only one dial. (Okay, okay, I have a longarm, too, but it has no computer and the stitch regulator is permanently, intentionally, off!) But hey, whatever works for you is all you need. And speedy chickens may not be making a speedy finish, but it's looking darn good during the process!

Cathy said...

Hmmm... the chickens may be speedy, but you .... um, oh, well ... we love you regardless! xo