Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Tiny Tuesday and Fencing

Here is my version of this week's Tiny Tuesday block. You can go to the ButterZ blog to find the instructions for this block. And Angela at SoScrappy who is sponsoring the Tiny Tuesday blocks, gives the link to a PDF version here.

Meanwhile, I wanted to show my speedy chickens at my local quilt guild's show and the deadline is coming up fast. And you know those quilt police, they won't let my speedy chickens run loose. I thought it should be enough to just put them together in a quilt top. And couldn't I call it a "summer coverlet". Oh no, the speedy chickens also have to be confined by quilting. The only thing I can think of is chicken wire. So I'm going to straight stitch one side of the chicken wire hexagon, then go back and when I sew the other side, I'm going to use a decorative stitch to tie the wire together. Given my Bernina 930 has 26 decorative stitches, I had a lot to choose from.

2 comments:

Julia G said...

Great idea - I like the chicken wire.

QuiltGranma said...

What a great idea! And I scoff at quilt police. They made a comment that the binding I used was not in the quilt itself. I responded that that was not important, it was making a point, (to which they were excessively naïve).