Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Beat the Deadline

I was so happy to meet the deadline for entering the chameleon quilt into the Northwest Quilting Expo, that I have forgotten that I have to have it finished to turn in. Here it is pin-basted and I am still trying to figure out the quilting. First, I thought I would use Superior Thread King Tut, but then I tried some 40 wt Aurifil and all of my tension issues went away. Hmm...

And mostly I just do minimal machine quilting, but it did seem like I could slip some pebbles onto the back of chameleons. This photo isn't the best shot to show off my practice pebbles, but maybe I don't want you to look too close anyway.

And here's Molly sprawled out on the batting as I was trying to layer the quilt. Here I am explaining to her that when I say she is helping me, I mean "helping" ironically. I'm also explaining air quotes.  Meanwhile, Molly is fascinated that I think she cares.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Can’t wait to see the chameleons all quilted up and finished. I just can’t get over all the beautiful pictures of Molly that you get!

Katie said...

Perhaps Molly is wondering if air quotes are something she should pounce as well? Such a silly kitten. We have a few of those around here, but different days bring different combinations of indifference. Good luck with the chameleons!

Barbara said...

Great idea with the pebbles.

QuiltGranma said...

Oh, Molly, I just want to scoop you up in my arms and cuddle you, and listen to you purr into my ear!