Monday, August 5, 2019

Chameleon Layout

Here is the layout so far. I'm happy enough with the pairings that I will go ahead and sew the blocks together. Then I might do some more rearranging as needed. (I did sew the tails on partially so I could keep them together easily...so I will be using partial partial seams.

That said, I may have to do one trade of a very bluish pairing and a very bright green pairing...

I started by laying out the chameleons on the design floor...which Buddy interpreted as my wanting his input. But I did not. Especially because he wanted to fight the chameleons by grabbing them up in his paws and giving them vigorous kicking. Never a good look for batiks.

Before you report me for feline neglect...I did dump some of my unsorted scraps on the floor for him. While some quilters sort by size of scrap and others sort by color and others by both, Buddy likes to sort scraps by naughty or nice.

13 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I enjoyed looking your blocks growing and coming together, it's a pretty layout! Love the red eyes 👍

Katie said...

It sounds like Buddy may have been trying to help you wrangle the naughty chameleons...or at least sort thr naughty from the nice, which might not be all bad for a final layout. Kinda like teachers separating the problem students... (And I love all the chameleons!)

Vireya said...

Your chameleons look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!

Quilter Kathy said...

So amazing Sally... such a complex design to figure out!
Buddy is so helpful!

Barbara said...

Wow...I love this. Sadie knows exactly how Buddy feels.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Wow all those chameleons together make quite an impact! Partial seams!

gayle said...

I've never seen so many chameleons doing the hokey pokey at the same time!
(When Buddy finishes sorting your scraps, could you send him over to help with mine? My current system of on-the-table or on-the-floor isn't really working out so well)

Tammy Hutchinson said...

I love these!

Cathy said...

Your starship of chameleons (that’s what a group of chameleons is called) (which you probably already knew) is brilliant! They are so dang cute! But mostly I wonder how you come up with these ideas....

SandyPA said...

Don't change a thing (no swapping of assigned partners)! Sometimes opposites attract, you know. Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com

Cathy said...

The only way I like chameleons - disguised as a quilt! Batiks were the perfect choice for those cuties. Wonderful layout idea too.

Mystic Quilter said...

Magnificent blocks Sally, what a great quilt they're going to make.