Friday, August 30, 2019

Machine Quilting Chameleons

If you are wondering what happened to the chameleon quilt...I'm still machine quilting it, or trying to.

My original plan involved quilting a pebble pattern on the back of the chameleons but it certainly didn't do anything except interfere with the look of the batiks.

So now I am "spinning around in the ditch."

This is what it looks like on the back.

Meanwhile, Molly enjoyed her moving blanket until she realized I wasn't moving it for her amusement. She left to seek bedding that appreciated her more.

4 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Spinning around the ditch is perfect for the chameleon's tail!

Cathy said...

Well, there is probably no rule book on quilting chameleons (unless Molly wrote one), I think your tail quilting is brilliant. What are you going to do for the bodies?

Jerilea Hendrick said...

My cats do this too. My cat, Eileen, likes to give me a look of inconvenience when I ask her to move. She's almost 15 pounds so it turns out to be a really good workout.

SandyPA said...

Try sketching your quilting of a chameleon body on a scrap piece of paper. Possibly a looser jagged stripe down the body would work better than the tight pebbles. The similarity to a skunk may dissuade your furry squatter. Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com