Friday, August 16, 2019

Pigs at the State Fair

Today, my sister and I are taking a field trip to deliver the Pigs in a Blanket quilt to the Oregon State Fair. We are also going to visit Boersma Sewing in McMinnville, so there may be some earthquake tremors this afternoon when large quantities of fabric are transferred from the west to the east side of the Willamette.

I hung up the quilt to see if it needed some delinting. I was checking the front, and Molly volunteered to check the back.

The best part of the quilt is the tilted block as a series of hilla...an idea I stole from Gayle of Mangofeet.  I will be so happy when she returns to her blog so I can steal more of her ideas, no matter how demented.

Also, I'm glad I gave each piglet an eye. Unfortunately, I only thought of that at the end, so I had to perform surgery on each piglet, cutting out half a patch and inserting a piglet-sized eye. 

8 comments:

Sue SA said...

Glad you gave the pigs eyes also, but an large amount of work to do! Result looks great!

Katie said...

I think the piglets are also quite happy to have eyes, what with traversing such hilly country and a predator in their midst...

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a wonderful fun quilt! So much to see and each pig is cuter than the one before :)

Julia G said...

Is this a new quilt? I think I remember seeing this quilt in a Manual show in Virginia a few years ago. I absolutely loved it and was so glad you put your blog address in the quilt label as I was able to find this incredibly amusing blog of yours. Thanks so much for doing this.

PaulaB quilts said...

It’s a good thing those pigs have eyes now. No more worry about a citywide traffic jam when they start running up and down the hills. A really cute finish!

Barbara said...

Oh how fun! I love entering quilts in the fair, although I’m not entering anything this year. Your pigs are going to fit right in at the livestock barn. Oh wait...

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the piggy quilt!!! Definitely in agreement with you on the subject of the hills, they add such a lot of movement.
Also I'm pleased you mentioned Gayle, I was wondering why nothing had come along from her for ages and ages, is she going to come back? Did you come home with a good stack of fabrics??

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh my gosh!!! I bet everyone stops to look at it!! so adorable!