Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Parrot Pattern


Here's the first version of a pieced parrot pattern. I do see a second version in the future, however, because the feet are not working. I was trying to avoid excess fussy piecing, but it looks like the parrot has a peg leg, and that's for a pirate, not the parrot. And in theory, the extra lines you see are more "circles" that will have their own parrots in a half-drop style layout that will have the long tail descending between rings.


And excuse me for not wishing everyone a happy cat criminal day yesterday. I didn't know there was a special day either until Buddy snarled two of my skeins of embroidery thread. I covered the embroidery thread parrot, but apparently that made the crime more exciting. And then this morning, there was a ripped up plastic bag, and four new fur balls laid out in a row next to the bed. I assume Molly was the crimey cat who pulled the toys and the bag out of the hiding place in the closet.


4 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a beautiful parrot pattern.

Sue SA said...

Sorry to be critical but can you try adding the second foot as another small square but underneath the slant of the blue wing.

Cathy said...

A parrot with a peg leg - what a novel idea! I love the long tail with a half drop setting. And speaking of cat criminals, Alfalfa and Darla are still in “jail” at the kennel while we bask in the sunshine. Darla sent me a snarling selfie and says she’s writing a scathing tell-all book.

QuiltGranma said...

Cat Criminal Day? Oh, dear! Can you lock them up for their heinous behavior?