Friday, June 14, 2024

Funny, Ridiculous, Incredible


 Here are Molly and Buddy about 7 years ago when we moved to Portland. They were almost two years old and already world weary having moved across the country, lived in a hotel, then an apartment and finally their current address. At the apartment, Molly supervised children playing outside and when their screams got too shrill her ears would turn back. But she kept her focus.


Back to the here and now, I have finished going through the bit bin to cut bits into postage stamp pieces. I now have 1,500 postage stamps (where the design is going to be a checkerboard of  half print, half neutral). In my latest estimate, I need 2,500 postage stamps (print bits). I suspect that I will be able to collect all I need from this bin and won't need to pull out the bin of hunks (2.5 to 4.9 in).

And yes, my earlier estimate called for 4,000 or so print bits. I will keep making estimates until the quilt is finished when. I may be able to establish a more reliable count.

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Y I K E S !!! I applaud your intrepid making of all those blocks!! That is a whole lot of blocks!! Looks like you have a great start on the cut parts...good luck hugs, Julierose

gayle said...

Are you going for the no-two-alike approach or a repeats-allowed? (Hoping for the second - the first is a direct path to madness...)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Amazing how that small bin of bits "may" contain all the fabric you need. . .this is a HUGE project!!

Susan said...

It appears the cats have not changed much except in size. That bin is holding a lot of fabric--I hope you find what you need/want in there.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Molly and Buddy are adorable and look quite relaxed. What a lovely grouping of fabric . I hope you are able to cut all that you need for your stamp quilt. Have a great weekend.