Saturday, June 8, 2024

It's Starturday!


 Starturday may be my favorite day of the week where everyone is encouraged to start a new quilt project. Here, I am starting an inflation-adjusted postage stamp quilt, where the finished stamps are .75 inches and the stamps alternate with a neutral background to reflect the longer time it takes for mail delivery.

And speaking of mail delivery, the winners of the June fabric giveaway are:

QuilterLaura who requests some red, white and blue for quilts of valor.

and Sally (not me) who wants unexpected fabrics that are fun to use for charity quilts.

They were informed about their win earlier in the week and I have begun to pull the fabric.

Molly decided that if I was going to use her for a photo backdrop her back paw needed a thorough cleaning.

I sew the postage bits to strips of the background fabric to make it easier and neater to sew. Then I cut them down to the needed size. The background strips are 1.25 inches wide and the postage bits are roughly 1.5 to 2 inches long.

Here are some more.


And that's my start!

4 comments:

gayle said...

Molly is such a natural at modeling! What talent! She makes it look so easy!
Best of luck with the teeny postage - and I'm sure you get another start since it's so small.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations to the June winners. Milly is an excellent model. I suppose she expects a bigger cut at the end of the "work" day! I like the start a new project day concept with Starturday! LOL

Julierose said...

Neat start to your new project!! I like your Saturday "New Start" idea--hugs, Julierose

Susan said...

Congratulations to the winners.

Molly makes a nice background. Is she your new design wall too? :-)